Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MEMO: COINING THE FAUX-POCALYPSE

2012: THE DATE IS A LIE :: COINING THE FAUX-POCALYPSE

The Mayan Apocalypse is coming. (Cue super-scary and totally ominous piano chord.)


 Look out!  Here it comes. December 21st, doomsday as prophesied by a civilization that couldn't even last long enough to see it, is mere days away.

Late night comedians are freaking out. Crazy people in tinfoil hats are freaking out. The prepper-verse is freaking out/gleefully crossing their fingers. But pardon me if I don't freak the *#$% out. It's not really my thing. You see, this whole "world is going to end" thing is BS shenaniganry based on a sloppy misreading of some crusty archeological artifacts.


See? Also, NASA is awesome.


Unfortunately, for some reason, when people see the name of my blog - The Post-Apocalyptic Lawyer - they automatically assume that I must be really worried about the Mayans. That the 2012 faux-pocalypse is the end all, be all of my belief system. Not true. My Apocalypse already happened. That whole financial collapse way back in 2008? The New Normal? The Great Recession? Maybe you've heard of it?

So I prefer to look on the lighter side of life. The enjoyment side. The "life" part of the work-life balance equation. That's why I advocate going *gasp* outside. It's why I push fitness. Why I advocate being prepared. Why I promote Made in the USA. Why I care about jobs. And pop culture. And politics. And fun. Basically, anything but the 2012 phenomenon. Because life is more than prepping for the end... It's about living. Pure and simple.

On that note, ladies and gentlemen, I'm out scotch.

Which is definitely something worth freaking out about.

Sincerely,

Signed, The Post-Apocalyptic Lawyer







0 comments:

Post a Comment